Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Soul searching weekend

I named this my soul searching weekend with my girl pal. It's the weekend where we get away and just relax to have a peace of mind without any care in the world. 

Sometimes you need time to isolate yourself from the rest of the world and just shut yourself in. 


First of all, we went to the gym - had a class of dance and then lunch. Last minute adjustment and late check in, we ended up in Hotel Sentral since it was located nearby the mall.

I never been to this hotel before but I heard it was quite good - aside from the shady area. Drenched in the rain, hurrying up to the hotel our check in was fast.



The deluxe corner room. Nice room except for the leaking window by the bed side. The staff were quick to help us rectify the problem but there was nothing much they could do. The damp smell of the room was already there.

Determined not to let that ruin our weekend, we showered and just rolled around in bed.



The night scene through a window. Can you see the KL tower from here? I can't.

We went back to the mall for dinner and ended up upstairs at Manhattan.





Shared two plates of food - pasta and rice with fish. Both of them were delicious. I love penne, compared to other different shapes of pasta.

I'm usually not a fish person but it was yummy with the fragrant rice.

We did a little shopping before heading back - not too late as we were told it was a shady place and we're just girls.

The other thing I was not pleased was to discover the wifi slowing down towards the night. Luckily it was not a working trip where I HAD to be online else I would be pissed.

So we watched tv, rolled around and talked some more. I had this vision where we'll be chatting till the wee hours of the morning but perhaps combined with the exhaustion of the day - we knocked out before 1 am.

Talk about getting old.

The best thing about getting to bed early was we were up by 7 am - ready for the day! I had such a good sleep as it was so comfortable despite the damp smell. 



Good morning world! Look at the monorail track. 



I bet this car park is full during the weekdays. 



Look at the beautiful sky!

I had low expectation for the breakfast but it turned out to be quite a variety. This is probably one of the rare time when I get to enjoy hotel breakfast without rushing out to anywhere so we took our time to slowly indulge. 



My first course :P

Breakfast was at 5th floor with a garden floor view which is like an open space. 





After breakfast, it was time to go back to the room to laze around. 



The other side of the room. The room was spacious for us. 

It was very tempting to continue sleeping but I insisted we do our soul searching for about an hour. So we did until it was time to check out. 



The sky was very nice that morning compared to the rain that drenched us completely the evening before. I wished we have more time to spend in the room, just rolling around falling asleep - a break from our usual working days. 

Later dayz,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...