Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Self love

I used to wish I was skinny. I used to envy the girls who can wear whatever and looks good. It took me a long time to actually realize that try as I might, no matter how I would never be able to achieve the same skinny frame that they have. 

I'm not born with the skinny frame. I'm not genetically small either. Once I understood that, I stopped hating my body and see myself for the person who I potentially could be. I stopped feeling sad for myself and I tried to get myself into a fitness routine. 

The quote that inspired me most was this : -



It really reflect on how long I felt sorry for myself and how much time was wasted. I'm wasting my youth moaning about something that I can change, something within my control. 

Fast forward a year and 8 months later, I felt better about myself. Not because I'm skinny, not because I have an hourglass body but because I finally learned how to love my body. 

Along the process, I started to appreciate my body for being there - an opportunity for me to sculpt it into something awesome, something I can accomplish. I am still on my way but loving myself was not something I thought I could do. 

I'm a rectangle by the way. 



I no longer envy the skinny girls because we are all different. I'm me, rectangle me and I am going to work on this body because it's mine. Everyone have their own body shape so be proud of yourself - it doesn't matter if you are a triangle or round because your body will show you what it is capable of if you work it and eat right. 

Be the shape you are meant to be but work on it to be toned, strong and healthy. 

That's all. No magic formula. Just train hard + eat right and you will be fine. 

Later dayz,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...