Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

My blind date

I welcome the weekend with a book. Currently I'm reading two - a physical book at home and another on my Kindle but when I have the opportunity to stop by my favorite book store, I went. I love this book store not only for it's affordable prices but for the wide range of books and the excellent customer service. 

 However today I went because I had a mission - I want to try a blind date. 


A blind date with a book actually. I have so many books to read yet this mysterious concept attracted me to gamble and try my luck - just for the fun of it. 


How does this blind date work? 


First, browse through the wrapped books on display. They are located right in front of the store. 



Each book has few words of description on them so you will pick your book based on these few words. Literally can't judge the book by its cover. 

I knew I wouldn't like anything sci-fi or fantasy so it was important for me to be selective of my date. I also had to make sure it's not a book I already have because I would be so disappointed if it is so. I actually saw a book that describe exactly a book I already have. 

Then, take your date home.

In the end, I picked this up ... 



The words that attracted me most was time-travel because I have never read one with that theme. The other words basically gave it off as chic lit. I do like stories that does not have the typical family, boy meets girls type which is why books like Jane Green's Jemima J and Sophie Kinsella's Remember me? are my top favorites. 


Another shot to show how thick the book is .. 

So I unwrapped my blind date ..

.
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........





My blind date. 

The first thing I did was to search for it in goodreads.

A little bit about the book :- 

How many lifetimes would you travel to find a love that lasts for ever?

When single career girl Jo-Jo steps onto a zebra crossing and gets hit by a car, she awakes to find herself in 1964. The fashion, the music, her job, even her romantic life: everything is different. And then it happens three more times, and Jo-Jo finds herself living a completely new life in the 1970s, 80s and 90s. The only people she can rely on are Harry and Ellie, two companions from 2013, and George, the owner of a second-hand record store.

If she's ever to return from her travels, Jo-Jo must work out why she's jumping through time like this. And if she does make it back, will her old life ever be the same again?


It has 4/5 stars and 92% liking rating so I have good feelings about this book. I really hope we get along! 

If you like this mysterious blind date thing, head over to Bookxcess to grab a date. It has been extended till 22 March 2015. You can buy blind dates in a group or even order it online. Check out Bookxcess on facebook. 

Tell me how did your blind date go ;) 

Later dayz,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...