Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Why I love Blogilates

When you have something good, you would want to share and this is what I'm doing today. 

When people asked me what exercises I did to lose weight - all I can say is pilates Blogilates style. The founder of Blogilates is Cassey Ho and I found her about her through another youtuber (for this I owe you Bubz!) and I'm so happy I found her. 


Here are the reasons why I love Cassey and why I would recommend her if you are into home on the mat workouts like I do. 

1. Her workouts are fun and usually accompanied by a pop-ish song in the background

2. Her workouts are short and effective. Her longest video up to date is about 20 mins but most of them are below 15 minutes mark so I don't feel like I've been dragged on too long. 

3. Her monthly workout calendar are free. All you have to do is sign up for her newsletter for free and a password will be sent to your inbox. She planned your whole month workout with different target area every day so today I work my legs, tomorrow my abs and so. All her workouts are free and can be found on youtube. Bonus : Cassey even list her daily calendar workout in playlists on her channel which was very helpful. 


4. Her blogilates app (both ios and android free!) provides huge motivation to keep working on your goals. Sometimes on my lazy days, I get in and looked at these amazing transformation these girls accomplished and I want that for myself too so I get off my butt and sweat it out. 

5. Her workouts make you sore. Trust me, the pain - the good kind is addictive and you just want to keep going. I remembered almost giving up after my first day because I was so sore and my abs hurt but I didn't want to keep giving up on myself. The workouts remained the same as time goes but you get better. 

6. I started with Cassey's beginners calendar first to ease into the idea of working out. So if you feel that you need to start with baby steps, Cassey has her new version of beginners calendar which will help you begin before transitioning to the normal monthly calendar. 

7. She releases a new video every Monday which means you'll get more and more workout videos. 


8. Cassey's positive and cheery attitude with her motivating words and encouragement during the workout sometimes distracts me from the pain and just makes me happy working out. Positive body image and loving yourself are what she promotes and it is parallel to what I strive for. 

9. She's real - she's not skinny, she's fit and toned. Through her, I accepted the fact that I will never be skinny because I'm not built that way but I can be the best version of myself in my body. I used to hate my body but now I love it and I want to nourish it with good things. 


10. Her workout does not require equipment - most of them. All you need is a thick yoga mat. I personally use a 8mm thick piece because my elbows and knees are being pressed into the mat all the time. Most of them the workout can be done with my own body weight. Some of her arms workout require weights but I worked with water bottle until I was comfortable enough with to get a pair. 

I'm sorry if the list is all jumbled up and similar cause I felt like I'm just babbling on. Moving on .. to the other side. 

As much as I love Cassey and appreciate all that she has done for me and the other girls, there are some things that just I can't get along with : 


1. Her meal plans are nutritious and healthy but it's different from what I have here. Either the ingredients are expensive or hard to find. I just have to make the best of what I have here. 

2. I've been following her workouts for a year and half now. Even though she put them in different combination each time, it does get repetitive. It's only a matter of days/weeks before the same video end up in the playlist again. I can parrot what she says in her videos and I heard the same stories again and again. 

Other than that, I love Cassey and so thankful I found her. I never thought I would enjoy working out - ever. Maybe one day I'll talk about my pre-Blogilates days but that's all for now. 

Later dayz, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...