Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Review for miband

Jogging and walking are not my favorite type of exercise but when I heard of the Fitbit Flex two years ago, I started exploring fitness gadgets. 

Fitbit is unfortunately a little too expensive for me and I scraped the idea of owning one after weighing out the pros and cons. Most of my workouts are strength training and lesser cardio. 

I don't recall who passed me a link but it was for the mi band. I started doing some research first and foremost because I want to make sure it's compatible with my S3 phone. 


I bought the mi band online and it arrived within days. The battery was at 74% charged but I put it on after downloading the mi band app in play store. 

After using the mi band for nearly 3 months, here is my review : 

What does the mi band do ? It tracks my steps and my sleeping hours - that's the basic use of the tracker. 

When I registered my app, I set my profile and set 8,000 steps daily. 



The interface is really simple and  easy on the eye. The chip on the strap records my steps and when I bluetooth connect to the app at the end of the day, it took a few seconds to sync and update the data. 



When I click on the number of steps for the day, I get the breakdown details of my daily steps. How many steps I walked during that particular hour. 


I can view and compare my steps daily too.  I like to see the numbers spike up and down especially now when I'm walking more during the weekdays. 




If I select the moon icon at the bottom of the interface, I switched to sleep tracking mode. I used to wear the device to sleep but stopped doing so because I didn't want to wear it 24/7. 
  

The device will track your sleeping hours and break them down to your light and deep sleeping pattern. 

There is also the alarm clock function which vibrates to wake you up. I didn't quite like it because I get annoyed with the band vibrating on my wrist.
  
The chip itself has 3 lights which you can see if you swing your arm up as if you're looking at the time. The lights represent your progress of the day - if you complete your total steps for the day, the band will vibrate. I usually get excited when the band vibrate!



A few more things to note :-

Accuracy - I would take this with a pinch of salt because I was in the car for an hour + the other day but the app recorded I walked 10 steps during that hour. I tried walking slowly a step each time while holding my phone to see the numbers increase and it did precisely so I would say it's plus minus for accuracy. 

Battery - long lasting. When I bought it, it had 74% left and it lasted for a month and a half before it died. It took me about an hour to charge via usb and slipped the chip back into the strap

Waterproof - I took if off during shower because I don't think this is waterproof. Little splashes of water is fine but I doubt I can go swimming with this. 

Strap - when I first got the strap, I couldn't push the knob in the hole so I had to get my scissors into it and twist it a little to enlarge it before clipping the strap on. 

Design - certainly not a glamorous piece but it's passable as an accessory without being noticed. I'm using the black band which can match any clothes. 

For Xiao Mi phone users, I think there's more features for you guys but I'm using S3. For the price, I would say this is a good basic gadget to track your steps and sleep. Don't expect something fancy though. 

Get it here!

Later dayz,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...