Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Baba House, Malacca

This is actually last year's post but I just want to share my experience when I was in Malacca back in December. I'm usually the type of person who does a lot of research and read up before selecting a hotel. 

This round I picked the Baba House as the family choice for our vacation. This little house is located very near to Jonker street - basically 5 minutes walk away. 


Upon entering the place, you can see the interior decorations are Baba Nyonya themed. 


Huge mirror in the lobby reception area. I checked in without any problem. A deposit of RM 50 paid upfront first and then we went to the room. 

Some people mentioned that it's best not to get the ground floor room as it might get a little noisy with people walking in and out but my room was on the second floor. 

There's an elevator but we took the stairs as it was just a floor up. 






I like the environment of the place. It looked very cultural and different from other hotels that I stayed before. 



This was our "balcony", a little sitting area out of the room complete with chairs and the fan. The door is our room. 


Here is the breakfast area taken from the top. The eating area is open with nice lighting but with a roof so no fear of the rain. 


Breakfast area. I read about terrible breakfast but I thought people were just being picky and expected too much but I experienced it first hand and the taste was really flat. 

The baked beans were cold and the juice was diluted. Our booking came with breakfast so we just took it.  

The hotel has a parking space behind the hotel and there's a friendly security guard there. We didn't even drive out to anywhere since the hotel is located within walking distance to all the attractions. 

One thing I didn't like about the room was the translucent bathroom. It's a little too exposed. To be fair, other rooms that I've peeped in during the cleaning does not have this problem so maybe it only applies for certain rooms. 




Fishbowl sink outside the bathroom. Our room have two queen size beds and we added an additional mattress on the floor. We have a flat screen television and everything is just good enough for a night rest. The biggest advantage this place has is obviously the location and it's also reasonably priced. 

I would recommend this hotel to people but I probably would not stay there again because I would like to try other hotels around the area. Just skip the breakfast and get something out there. 

Later dayz,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...