Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Abstaining from instant noodles


A year ago, I decided to abstain from instant noodles. I know this is a weird thing to do but here is the reason why. 

Occasionally when I get to the office in the morning and it's raining, I would get this craving for hot soupy noodles. Instant noodle cups were the only available option on the shelf and I usually gave in. 

However the regret kicked in almost immediately after I finished my cup. I felt bloated and disgusted with myself when I'm done. It just has that sickly aftertaste and my mind is just telling me that I had made a poor choice for breakfast. 

Not only that, I get hungrier faster when I had instant noodles. Within an hour or two after my meal, my stomach started growling again and it annoys me for surely instant noodles should last me longer than crackers? 

Therefore I decided to quit instant noodles, not only for office breakfast but for everything. It got to that point where I felt disgusted with myself for allowing my body to take in something that made me feel awful afterwards. 

Of course I did not quit noodles totally, I still enjoy the ones freshly cooked from the wok. I just stop consuming the ones which are instant and stop ordering the ones which they cooked using the instant noodles, if I'm aware of it. 

It's been a year since I quit instant noodles. I'm going to try staying away from them as long as I could. Yes, there was temptation. Last June, I had a craving so badly that I paced up and down the shelf before I grabbed the cup and shoved it in my drawer. Then I decided to forget about the instant craving and got something else for breakfast. 

I guessed partly it has become a challenge for myself as well. See how I can discipline myself and how I can abstain from it. I admit, I did not read up on the danger of instant noodles, I just wanted to quit because I felt bloated and disgusted with myself. 

I might not quit them forever but for now, I would like to see how far I can push myself. 

Later dayz,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...