Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

Detox : Facebook



Recently I deactivated my facebook account because I kept seeing the dog eating festival in China news.  It's always on my newsfeed - as the date grew closer and closer. I decided to deactivate my facebook for 3 days. After 3 days, I extended my off facebook vacation to a month. 

Here's what happened within a month : 

1. I was scrolling insta a little bit more than usual. 

2. I got involved and addicted to reading youtube vlogger scandals.

3. I turned to other news resources to connect with the world - CNN, BBC, Thestar .. 

4. I was left out when people around me were talking about some viral video, photo or article and when I asked them "what happened?" then their response was - "you didn't see meh?". 

I have since reactivated my facebook. At one point in my life I thought I cannot live without it - I was addicted but this short experiment showed me that I can break free from facebook. Perhaps one day I shall try deactivating youtube for a month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...