Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Common sense

As stated above, common sense is no longer that common anymore. This is an old incident but it bugged me for a bit just because it's one of those things where your jaws dropped and you screamed in your heart "Isn't that just plain common sense? Common courtesy?" 


A while back, me and sister wanted to get a nice cold ice drink. I was on the fence about the drink as it was quite late but it's the weekend so let's let our hair down. I went to the stall and there's this couple in front of me. There was only one menu on the counter and the counter fit for two people so obviously they stood there choosing their drinks. 

Waited a bit but never mind because sometimes people need a little time to make up their mind. Then they ordered. I saw money changed hands and I saw them receiving the receipt. After that, they just stood there. Stood there. 

Fine, maybe they are a not those type of people who are sensitive of their surroundings so I folded my arms to create some movement to catch their attention. I saw the guy saw us from the corner of his eye and he just looked away as if we're invisible and continued talking to the girl. Did not budge from the counter at all. 

I took my sister's hand and walked off. Yes, I was really pissed and I should have cleared my throat and said something but I was still shaken by the fact that it's such a simple matter. Common sense and courtesy? I'm standing right behind you, when you noticed me, you move! 

I totally understand the fact that you dunno that after you paid your drinks, you have to go to the receiving end to wait for your order but I caught you glancing at us and then just plain ignoring us. Can't you just move so I can take a look at the menu that you've been hogging?  

That's just downright rude. What is the matter with people? Why can't people function properly in public? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...