Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Run for Peace 2015

The bi-annual run is back! The first time I joined was two years ago. I don't like joining marathons but I'm running for the awareness of peace! Woke up at 4 am + and it's time to go. 

The whole family was ready to go. We arrived at the stadium at 5 am + and loitered around the area. 



The sun is not up yet. I really wish I was still in bed but I'm also glad to be here with my family. The sea of purple everywhere! 



This is my crew who ran separately after the first 500 metres. Once again, I walked with Eve and her boyfriend. I didn't realize my towel was too tight around my head and it cut my circulation which made me dizzy. FML.  



It took me about 2 hours to get to 8 km done. Burnt nearly 1 thousand calories but I'm proud of myself for not taking the short cut although I was tempted several times. I really don't like marathon or walking.  

So happy to be finally be back at the stadium and settled down with my ice cream. Milo line was way too long for me to queue so I skipped that. 

Run for Peace 2017, I'll be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...